Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bunny Knight


Every so often I am given a suggestion that is just to ridiculous not to do.

This is a felt bunny in crocheted chain mail. There is no other explanation.



Adrian suggested making the lovebirds more appealing by making them steampunk. I thought this was beyond my capabilities, though I did try. I ripped apart a watch and went through all the springs and such we had, but I have no gift or true steampunk aesthetic.
 

When I began learning to crochet, I saw that people crocheted chain mail costumes. Before I knew it, we were talking about giving the felt bunnies an edge.


This guy just reminds me a bit of Monty Python and that made him rather great.



I will try to give the correct pattern terminology for this below. I used metallic embroidery floss, but I also did some test ones in gray yarn. The yarn ones looked a bit more like cozy hoods.


Chain Mail Hood
Chain 2
R1: 2 sc in each sc around. (6 sts)
R2: 2 sc in each sc around. (12 sts)
R3: 12 sc
R4: 1 sc over 2 st (stretched) 1 sc (repeat 4 sts), 1 sc over 2 st (stretched) 1 sc (repeat 4 sts) (10 sts)
R5 - 7: 1 sc in each sc (4 sts), chain 1
R8: 1 sc in each sc (4 sts), chain 8, sc into starting sc (12 sts)
R9: 1 sc in each sc (12 sts)


I am not sure if this diagram helps:







No comments:

Post a Comment