But I had to try and work this idea in because for some reason I think we are going to be somewhere and desperately need the bunnies' home to have many rooms. Or I just think it's a really cool idea.
First I traced the lid and the base on heavy paper (card stock) and cut it out. It took a bit of trimming to get it to fit, but not too snugly.
Z suddenly took interest in the project and decided to help by making shopping lists on the inserts. We needed many things and got very distracted.
After I got them back, I glued some scrap fabric onto one, which I sandwiched between two cutouts, clipped with binder clips and let dry.
I like binder clips. I made inserts for the top and bottom of the tin. This was a rookie mistake. The tin won't close tightly with the top insert in place.
Loosely following the Benny tutorial, I made a little blanket and pillow. And by now I clearly was into it, because I was making two at a time.
And there is one more little bunny home, complete with the bunny.
I also discovered that the bottom insert was totally OCD and not necessary because once the blanket and pillow were in, it never showed.
I tried to create a window with some felt, but didn't really like it. So that was replaced with "bunny art". On a piece of the card stock that is 2.25" X 1.75" I painted a carrot and some veggies. Then glued cut up craft sticks around it, for that gallery ready look.
I still wanted a window on one - just because.
So I punched a couple of holes in the cardstock, and poked a bit of wire through. I sewed a quick set of small curtains that are approximately 3" X 2", with 1/4" hem on three sides and small 3/4" casing at the top.
I cut out a picture from a magazine as the window itself.
The rabbits, as you can see, could hardly wait to move right on in.
A very big thanks to Benny's creator (Katie Lewis) for a fantastic idea!