Friday, December 30, 2011

Sewing Strange Felt Friends Since Christmas 2011


This year, while looking for some projects for the art co-op I help run, I found some little felt seahorses. It was an ornament created by Futuregirl (futuregirl.com) and I was in love. These would never work for the pre-preschool crowd that comes to art co-op, but it was my holiday project to make them for everybody I loved. However, her patterns are for more skilled craftsmen than me, with better quality felt. I modified/simplified the pattern and then made the jellyfish. Nothing says festive like a felt jellyfish.




Then I met Ms. Cynthia Treen's adorable reindeer, and so I left the world of sea creature felt for a felt woodland. I could barely get the stuffing down those skinny legs, so I made all my creatures a bit chunkier. If anyone wants to make a felt jellyfish of their own, I'll post the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment